Our founder began his career with a Start-up, and that is where his passion remains. There is perhaps no area the Barnes Law Firm knows better than start-ups. When starting a business, one of the most important things you can do is to protect your ideas, your business, and the best interests of all the companies founders involved. The Barnes Law Firm has worked with many individuals and businesses in helping them decide what entity is right for them; whether it be a Limited Liability Company LLC, Corporation, C-Corp, S-Corp, or other structure. Once we work together to decide the best path forward, we can help put in all the legal formalities and structure to help assure the long-term success of the corporation and business.
Some of the services that are typically offered at this stage include:
- Initial consultation to decide the best structure for your business;
- Corporate Name Clearance;
- Preparation and filing of the Articles of Incorporation with NC Secretary of State;
- Corporations Custom Bylaws;
- Custom Organizational Minutes, or Resolutions, of the Board of Directors;
- Minutes, or Resolutions, of the First Shareholder’s Meeting;
- Preparation of I.R.S. Form SS-4;
- Serving on your Board of Directors;
- Raising of Funds;
As small business minded lawyers, we understand the financial challenges faced by start-ups, and are willing and ready to work with you to assure long term success.
We also provide the service to our clients of Free North Carolina Registered Agent