Yesterday marked the official ribboncutting for laUNCh Chapel Hill. Launch is a business incubator that gives high-potential founders and ventures the tools they need to be successful in Chapel Hill. This includes office space, mentors, access to partners, and most importantly access to the growing entrepreneurial community surrounding Chapel Hill and UNC.
Founder of the Barnes Law Firm, Houston Barnes, was present at the ribbon cutting where he was able to check out the space, and talk with many of his clients. There are currently 16 companies working out of Launch, 8 of which are either engaged Clients, or companies that Houston and the Barnes Law Firm have a close working relationship with.
“This is an awesome and fun space!” said Houston. “A lot of the companies here are clients that have become good friends, and so far they have had phenomenal things to say about Launch, and the support of the community.
Launch is a cooperative effort between UNC-CH, Chapel Hill, Orange County, the Downtown Partnership, and private support. Initial funding for Launch Chapel Hill is provided in part by the Becker family in loving memory of their sweet daughter Cara Gwen Becker. This is an excellent opportunity to keep many of the great companies and technologies in Chapel Hill.
Learn more: http://launchchapelhill.com
Full list of the Companies at Launch Chapel Hill
– A Ban Against Neglect is a non-profit organization in Accra, Ghana working to empower street girls while cleaning up the environment.
– Betty’s Better Breads makes take-and-bake gluten-free and dairy-free bread products for both restaurants and grocery stores. Our breads are so delicious – you won’t believe it!
– Everyday Glucose is creating an easy and convenient ways for diabetics to carry glucose.
– GiftBoogle is a collaborative gift giving network that nurtures connection, authenticity and love with the right gift at the right moment.
– HeroMe lets kids create their own unique superhero action figure by picking the powers they like and telling the story they want to tell.
– Hopecare is the brand America will trust to navigate the future of end of life health care communication and reimbursement.
– Impulsonic develops efficient and accurate acoustics software for architects and engineers and outdoor acoustics solutions for urban designers as well as audio content creation tools for sound designers in the film, television and video games industries.
– Iris Group is a small, woman-owned consulting firm providing technical services to enhance social inclusion in international development assistance.
– Level Logic offers the first self-leveling picture hanging technology, saving time and energy by eliminating the need to level frames ever again.
– LifeClickz is a mobile, location-based social network that looks to mimic your offline social life online.
– RentalTaxTool provides a quick and easy way to track, manage and file the sales and hospitality taxes for your vacation rental home.
– Resound Magazine is a national digital music magazine network that covers college community music scenes through locally focused, student-run branches.
-Sanitation Creations does toilet design for places where water is just not an option.
– Sweeps is an easy way to hire college students to get just about anything done for $25 per hour.
– STENCIL is an online platform for educators to detect vulnerable students more quickly and accurately.
– TerraHub is a revolutionary new platform for making group decisions via teleconferencing over maps. Soon, you’ll wonder how you ever got along without it.
ABOUT THE BARNES LAW FIRM
The Barnes Law Firm, PLLC, is a North Carolina-based boutique law firm focused on serving startup and established businesses throughout the Triangle region and the state at large. The firm was founded in 2011 by Houston Barnes, an attorney and business strategy consultant with a diverse legal and business background, including consulting for large organizations and serving as counsel for a number of startup entrepreneurial and emerging growth businesses. The Barnes Law Firm serves businesses in various sectors including technology, healthcare, pharmaceuticals and medical devices, retail and small business, and franchises. Its practice areas include corporate formation and startups, general business and corporate law, real estate, licensing and corporate partnering, corporate counseling, government relations and more. Additionally, The Barnes Law Firm works with clients as business partners, helping companies succeed in all areas of business development ranging from inception to growth and expansion. For more information about The Barnes Law Firm, visit http://www.barneslawnc.com.